Friday, May 4, 2012

Langkawi 2012 -Day 1 (Cable Car)

Yeah, as promised! I'm updating this post about my trip to Langkawi!

Oh, wait! Did you ask why did I go to Langkawi again? And why do I love so much about Langkawi?

Hehehe...this was because two of my dear friends had not gone there. So, as a friend who had been there, I planned to bring them two. However, one of them couldn't make it huhuhu...what a sad thing...

Finally, me, that friend, and another friend (who apparently became our driver cum photographer) departed for Langkawi on 26th March 2012.

Yeay, I chose to go there by airplane because I couldn't stand the long journey of riding a boat from the jetty to Langkawi huhuhuhu

*I'm warning you, this is going to be a very long post*

So, we'd been planning this trip as a getaway since last November and we planned to be there for 6 days!

Wow! Everyone said to us, what a long holiday! And believe me, we didn't even know what to do during that 6 days!

But then, everything changed since the first day we arrived at Langkawi! Because suddenly our schedule became very tight with activities.

We arrived at the airport around noon and we were so starving. We rented a car there. Wira, auto, RM80 per day. Well, sounds good, right?

If you were to travel by public vehicles, say a van, you would need to spend RM80 for only 5 hours. Yeah, my family used the service during our last stay.

Then, we checked in at a motel. Right beside the beach for RM110 per night. So, every time we wanted to swim, we just had to get out the door hehehe...but, believe me, we only swam there twice!

Because that very evening, we found an agent promoting this package: Mangrove sightseeing, snorkelling, and island hopping. These would be three days for only RM220!

I don't know if you had found any cheaper package but I believe this was the cheapest in town! Because my other friend had once gone to snorkel (only 1 day) for RM 210. What do you say? Hermn..

So, we began our package on our third day because we wanted to go to other places first. Right after we booked for the package, we went to the famous cable car...(yes, you can see in another post i'd been there but as i said, i wanted to show it to my friends ^^,)

We arrived there almost dusk already. So, we were very fascinated to see the sunset from the hill. However, suddenly the wheather started to change. Out of the blue, the wind blew strongly and it was like, a storm was coming.

As everyone rushed to get down by the cable car, we chose to wait up there because we were too scared to ride the car because the wind blew so hard that we felt like flying (yes, this was true, ok. I didn't make it up).

As earlier, the storm stopped abruptly. As sudden as it started, that was they way it ended too. It was almost dark already as it was almost 7.30pm. So, we couldn't go to the SkyBridge.

There's an old saying: A picture paints a thousand words. So, let's see the pictures from the first day!

-Immediately after arriving-


-Seaside walking-


-Can you see: Langkawi Permata Kedah at the back?-


-The beach beside our motel-


-At the first stop of the cable car-


-What a nice view of the sea-


-Cloud nine!-


-So relaxing!-


 -The beautiful sunset!-
Just before the storm...


-After the storm-


-The rainbow-


-Fantastic!-


-Beautiful scenery-


-The dark cloud was getting away-




When we got down from the hill, it was dark already.

We went for dinner and got back to our motel. We slept early because we were very tired and be prepared for the next day!

*My last visit to Langkawi was in 2010. You can read the post here.*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts