Friday, May 4, 2012

Langkawi 2012-Day 6 (Last Day-Shopping!)

Huhuhu...the last day!

Can't believe we were there for six days already! It seemed so short. Yet, it was full of activities...

I think, this was the best vacation ever!

We came here stressed...but we released them all during our stay here...

But, we can't forever run from our problems...Like it or not, we have to face it! So, after this, we were going back to our normal life...But, let's enjoy before going back to the hustle bustle of the city!


-Last shot at the beach beside our motel-


-There were many people coming here because it was Saturday-


-We were leaving while others were coming to enjoy their weekend-


-Sweet memories-


-Won't forget my days spent with these two girls-


So, we checked out at 9am. We started our journey to Kuah immediately after that.

Though it was quite early, most of the food at stalls were finished already. Luckily, we found a stall and had rice for breakfast. Must get enough energy for shopping! hahahaha

Then, immediately we searched for Haji Ismail Group's supermarket. Oh, HIG had many branches! I just knew that..

The prices of items on this island vary differently, though it is the same item! So, you have to be very careful and always compare the prices before you buy it. The difference is very large. Not only one or two ringgit...But up to RM30-40! Be careful! Even it is only on the next door, the price is very different.

So, to be safe...just go to Haji Ismail Group to do your shopping...or to a few other shopping malls.

For souvenirs, we found that the prices in Kuah town were quite expensive...compared to the shop that we found at Makam Mahsuri. So, we decided to do our shopping very quickly and headed back to Makam Mahsuri to buy souvenirs.

After all, we had to go there too to return the car and go to the airport...


-Some of the items from HIG hahaha-

Seriously, we shopped like CRAZY! Because there were so much to buy in a very limited time!

If you had noticed in my previous post, this was the ONLY day that we did our shopping...

After shopping at HIG, we headed to a shopping mall near Langkasuka Hotel...I had been there during my visit with my family, and I knew there were abundance of cheap but branded perfumes!

Yes, we shopped like CRAZY, again! I bought two perfumes...Well, consider it was quite a lot for me because I already had three perfumes at home! hahahaha

My other two friends got themselves a purse each (which was very cheap for a branded item). Another friend also bought two perfumes....fuuuhh

Oh, wow! We were running late for lunch! But we made a stop at Makam Mahsuri first and bought whatever we could grab for souvenirs.

Again, the brother of my friend invited us for lunch. This time, he cooked for us. So exciting! A chef cooked for us!

It was undeniable, delicious! Lucky us!

I was worried about the items that we just bought. We needed to rearrange all of them because we were afraid if the luggage would exceed 20kg and we had to pay additional charges...

Yes, it was! It exceeded 20kg! But luckily, the person in charge said we could bring the extra kg as our hand luggage (which I was quite worried too because only 7kg was allowed for hand luggage). Fortunately, we passed the security check and we were happy because we didn't need to pay extra charges worth RM80! Fuuhhh...


-Finally, boarding...leaving the island with the most wonderful memories ever!-

I hope all of you enjoy my posts. I just want to share so that you will know what Langkawi Island has to offer. Before this, I didn't know that there were a lot of things to try there...even though I had been to Langkawi so many times hahahaha...

One thing for you to bear in mind: The food on the island is super expensive...If you would like to save money, be prepared. Maybe you should get a hotel with coffee/tea making facilities. Maybe you can save your budget for breakfast and supper...

Or, just bring an electric kettle and iron on your own! Seriously, I regretted for not bringing these two items...hermn. We had to borrow an iron from my friend's brother. That was lucky. What if my friend didn't have her brother there?

So, that's all...

Thank you for reading!

Just drop your comment if you want to share your experience with me ^^,
I would love to read it

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts