Friday, May 4, 2012

Langkawi 2012-Day 4 (Snorkelling)

Yeay!

The day for snorkelling!

I was so excited because it was my first time to go on snorkelling! Before this, I was a bit scared but now, I couldn't wait any longer!

Plus, I'm a huge fan of water! I really love swimming! And I love beach!

So, we were required to wait for a van to pick us up as early as 8.15 am.
We were then brought from Cenang Beach to the Kuah Jetty where we would take our boat there...


 -Actually, we already had our breakfast at our motel but I didn't feel satisfied because the hot water that we took from the owner had gone cold. Oh yes, our motel didn't have the facility to make coffee/tea. We had to ask for hot water which they would fill in a thermos-

-Inside the boat-


-Because there were not many passengers, we were allowed to go up the boat to enjoy the scenery-


-Everyone went up here-


-So, I took the opportunity to snap picture inside here...hahaha I was wearing that striking yellow slippers because they were more comfortable than my sandals. Plus, hey, we were going to swim! Who cares about your outfit? hahaha-




-Finally, we arrived at Payar Island: Marine Park-


-Can't wait to go down there!-


-I could already see colourful fishes!-


-That was me at the back (red jacket)..I was trying to get water out of my mouth-


-This was snapped by a Kodak camera which we can use inside the water-


-That's me, right in the middle! Big smile!-

Below are the pictures of fishes and corals. The quality is not very satisfying but it's enough to capture our memories....There were a lot more colourful fishes but the camera only had 28 films...so, these were among the best....






-Here, the water was deeper and there were a lot more fishes than the shallow part-


-Oh no! I got very nervous here because it was so deep! I thought it was like I was flying high in the sky and of course, I was looking down! But, it was fun!-




-This fish loved to tease people. It would swam towards your face and then it turned right before it reached your goggles! So nerve-wracking!



-Corals-

-Sea Urchins-

We were warned not to step on any of the corals because there might be sea urchins in between the corals. Well, you can see clearly how they are. In 2004, I had those spines penetrate my knees while I was swimming at an island (near Langkawi). It was painful. Luckily it wasn't dangerous...


-Actually, what I saw on the sea urchins were their shiny blue eyes like the above picture (which I took from Google because our pictures are not as clear as this). I was so fascinated to see their shiny eyes, despite their spiny black body. God's creatures are amazing!-





-That was all...we were tired already swimming far enough for almost 2 hours! Okay, that was after lunch. Before that we had swum for almost 1 hour. Swimming was very tiring because we didn't eat properly...hurmn...Credit to my friend because she was the one who snapped all the pictures inside the water...-


-See...the corals from the outside water view-


-This friend of mine, she didn't continue swimming after lunch. She said she was tired. Well, at least she had been to snorkelling before this....-


-The beauty of water-

Well, actually, my body felt quite itchy. Not sure if there were any fishes bit me...but maybe it was because of the water too...Everyone had the same problem, but don't worry...it was not hazardous.

One thing for you to be aware is that the tide will go up when it is near noon. Well, I could feel the difference of the waves and the depth of the water. At times, I felt unsafe because I thought the tide was quite strong. But then, I regained my confidence because there was a rope marking the zone that you shouldn't go...So, just be aware of that...

It was near dusk when we reached Cenang Beach back. Actually, we were so eager to go to Telaga Tujuh (The Seven Wells) because I wanted to see that place. My friends were eager too.

So, even though we were so tired and hungry...we continued our journey directly to Telaga Tujuh. It was almost 6pm already and we were aware that it wasn't advisable to go to that place at a time like that (near dusk) because it is said that the place is full of mystical creatures.

So, we hurried to the place. Ordered fried rice from a shop near the entrance before we climbed up a steep hill and a countless stairs. A boy at the parking there said we would need a guard if we were to climb up to the Seven Wells and it would take an hour to go up and down.

Well, we were tired already. So, we decided to climb up to the lowest well. I can't remember what was the name but I think, it's Telaga Biru (Blue Well)...

-We were so famished. So, we had our fried rice first before going into the water.-


-Couldn't wait to go inside the fresh water after a full day inside the sea water. So refreshing!-

We only swam there for half an hour. Yes, of course we were a bit scared of the mystical creatures. Anything can happen...If you didn't believe in such things, just think that we were afraid of the dark and there was nobody to help if something were to happen....

We arrived our motel at about 8pm. Though we were so tired, we didn't give up just like that. After refreshing, we went out to a Night Market.

At first, I thought, night market is just the same...I kept thinking like that until we arrived there and saw grilled crabs, squids, fishes, and prawns! Wow! We don't find this at normal night markets! And they were cheap too!


So, we bought our dinner at the night market and had a night-picnic at the hut beside our motel. Of course, beside the beach too...hehehe

What a long and exciting day!

The next day is waiting!

*One tip for those who wear glasses and would like to snorkel, you should try putting on contact lens. Don't worry, the goggles are the perfect protector (if you fix it nicely and properly). You will enjoy the scenery with clearer sights! Just don't forget to blink in order to keep the lens moist and not dry.*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts