Friday, July 22, 2011

13th International Conference on Translation


We meet again! hahaha...

I was eager to write this post but there was a problem where I couldn't upload any images. Turn out, the problem was because I was using the blogger draft. So, I converted to the traditional one and here I am!

With the new post and lots of pictures from the International Conference on Translation that I was talking about!

The story began when my supervisor a.k.a lecturer asked me to write a paper and she asked me to present in this conference. It was early this year and I just met her for the first time that day!

I was so shocked when she told me that and I didn't know if I could do it...I mean, to write and present a paper!

Then, days, weeks, months passed by and I was trying hard, thinking what should I write.

Many times, I changed the title, and the writings too. The process was very tiring...

Then, May came. It was late already and I hadn't finished anything.

My supervisor was quite mad at me because she thought I was too lazy. Then, one day, she came to me and said:

"I want you to finish your paper by this week. Otherwise, I won't help you anymore..."

Waaaahhh...I was so scared! (psst...don't think she is mean. In fact, she is very kind to me...)

So, I struggled for 2 days and successfully finished that paper. I felt relieved.

About 2 weeks after that, she told me:

"I want you to present 2 papers..."

"Haaaaa??????"

Once again, I was so scared and shocked but I wrote another paper and finished it within a few days too...

Relieved. And days passed by and the day of the presentation came!

You know, it really had been a year since my last presentation, and that was during my degree. Uh, oh...

-My presentation was in the evening. So, I was so nervous that I went to the toilet for countless times! It was still morning...huhu-


-I was quite worried because my session was the last session. Luckily there were still many people in the room-


-Out of the blue, I gained my confidence. It was such a miracle!-

-So, I just talked and talked...alhamdulillah. It went smoothly-

I was so relieved to see my supervisor was smiling during my presentation. Maybe that's why I gained my confidence...^__^

And one more thing, after I finished, people gave me a loud applause (well, of course they clapped, it's a norm) but I felt so good. Then, I saw some of them gave me thumbs up! And some others said,

"Very good presentation!"

"I like your presentation!"

Oh, seriously! That was a beautiful moment that I would never forget in my life! It was such an inspiring moment!

Then, I got worried again for my presentation for the second day.

Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures from the second presentation. In contrast to the first, this time I got to present for the very first session in the morning.

Once again, it was full-house! I can see Arabic, Persian, English, Chinese and many other faces which of course made me very nervous!

But then, I saw my supervisor and she was smiling all the way at me! She really got me inspired! And finally, it went smoothly and there was a second beautiful moment where people congratulated me once again!

~I feel good! nananana~

So relieved! Finally I did 2 presentations successfully!

I'm really thankful to have the lecturer as my supervisor because all the things she did for me was for my own good! Even though the process was a pain but the result was a beautiful gain!


-Last day, no more concerns-

-With my friends. They were also presenting and they also did well-


-Memories at the Conference on Translation 2011-

-At Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia-

-My tag as the presenter-

-This is the proceeding where my papers are inside it-
-yeay, published!-


- This was the first paper that I presented-


-And this was the second paper that I presented-



-These are the books that I received as the token of appreciation!-

These books are expensive. I'm so happy to get them for free!

I'm so happy that everything went smoothly. At least, I've fulfilled one of the condition to pass my masters degree that is to publish or present a paper. I really hope that I would pass my proposal defense this coming October! Please pray for my luck!

Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts