Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book Review - Haunting Stories

Before I write anything, I would like to apologise to the author of this book because this is what I truly feel.

I just finished reading this book entitled "Haunting Stories: 23 True Life Encounters in Singapore and Malaysia" written by Khadijah Moore.

Yep, I'm one of the dumb people who love to read supernatural, ghost and all those wicked books. It's my interest, I just can't help it...^__^

Well, back to the main point. What I'm trying to say is, this book is not interesting at all. From 10 points, I would rate this book at 5 or maybe below. Why? There are many reasons behind it.

First of all, each story is too lengthy although the actual plot is very short. Sometimes, I feel that unnecessary points are also included. Yes, I do appreciate the author's intention to provide knowledge while readers are reading but because of too much information, the excitement has gone completely off.

Moreover, the author is not originally Malay. So, there are several terms and facts, that as far as my knowledge is applicable, they are wrongly written and explained.

Overall, I still think that the stories are priceless. It's just the way of writing that should be....erm...more of a storybook? Well, you complete it yourself.

If you are skeptical about my review here, you can get the book and review it yourself.

I've been reading a lot of ghost and haunting stories. That's why I dare to write this review.

2 comments:

APAN said...

actually, jarang aku baca entri in english.not because aku anti tpi sebab mentaliti aku.huhu...

papepun, aku berjaya baca entri ni.and ayatnya mudah difahami.english not too hard to read, but may be hard for me to speak.haha...

about your review, i dont have such interest in citer2 hantu.but that doesnt mean i am reader for other genre.reading book is not my kesukaan.haha...

sorry...rojak sudah.bukan pe.try blaja tulis in english sket. (yg aku tulis BM tu xtau la tu) keep it up :)

Aziemah Gekozen Great Eastern Takaful said...

oh, trimas sbb bace entri nie ^__^

sy pun bukannye terer sgt english, so this is one way to practice to write in english...ayat2 yg advance2 tu pun mmg sy x suke pun nak bace n tulis, susah nak fhm jugak...

haha..sy mmg minat giler citer hantu. buku, novel, movie...sume citer hantu..haha..

thanx 4 ur comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts