Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Book Review: True Singapore Ghost Stories


For fans of horror stories like me, it's just not enough to only watch horror movies. I would also read about them.

Just for fun, you know. Don't take it seriously. It's not that I want to find the ghosts but just that I would like to know what other people had experienced and what they have to share with us.

So, I found this book entitled True Singapore Ghost Stories edited by Russell Lee.

Haa, why is it edited and not written by him? Because it is actually a collection of stories that readers write and send to him. So, Russell Lee and a team of ghost writers would collect and edit the stories and publish them.

For me, this book is unique because it is about real encounters with ghosts and spirits! Of course you can say there may be people who created the story and it is not true at all. That is why you have to read with an open mind and make sure you have the knowledge of what to believe and what not to believe.

One more, you have to bear in mind that satans and genies will appear according to our beliefs. Can you see how Western ghosts and Malay ghosts differ? This is because they will appear following our beliefs and imagination!

So, my advice, don't imagine too much. These ghosts only like to tease with us. And don't disturb them. Then, we will live in peace.

Oh, this True Singapore Ghost Stories actually have 21 series already. I only have some of them but I'll get the rest soon. Though the title is Singapore, but there are many stories revolving around Malaysia too.

It is written fully in English but of course not the formal English. Just our Singaporean and Malaysian English.

Happy reading!

Read more about this book at this SITE. (no more adfly, I promise)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts